Sunday, March 1, 2009

SNOW IN THE SOUTH? IT DOES HAPPEN!!




So it does snow in the south. I grew up about a mile from where I live now and this is so rare. The last time there was this much snow it was 1993, they said it was a blizzard and it really was!!

It just happened that both of our children were "gone to grandmas house". I'm sure if they were home the snow in our yard would not be so perfect. There would be little footprints all over the place.

Jackson called from Ama's house this morning at about 8am and said I needed to look out the window. I wasn't very happy at first, it is a weekend, 8am and I was still asleep. Needless to say I was up and looking out the window in a few minutes and could not believe my eyes.

By 8:45 I was up dressed in all my winter warmness and outside with the camera. I felt like I was 5 again. I couldn't stay in the house, it was WAY to cold outside so I would go in for a few minutes and right back out into it I would go. Just walking down the street seeing what I could see. As if anything was any different from the last time I walked down the street.

Things do look different all covered in white and it's always so quiet.

Why is it so quiet when it snows? Who knows I guess I should just enjoy the peace and quiet.

HAPPY SNOW DAY!!!

No comments: